PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 11th Jun 2016, 06:42
n305fa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HeliComparator
I suggest that you are making most of that up because you don't actually know. Not out of malice, of course. What you say is as it should be, however you fail to address the issue that some quite complex pieces of information, pictures, titbits etc have been released whilst some very basic facts, easily available without any need for interpretation, have not been released. Until that can be explained I'll remain a bit suspicious.
HC

Re your comments, fortunately what I said was based on experience of being directly involved in a significant accident investigation, it wasn't made up. The investigation releases information for two reasons, to provide the general public and media with information on the progress of the investigation and secondly to publisise issues of immediate airworthiness concern. Obviously the AIBN will not publish everything they have analysed and "closed off" it would be a waste of investigation resources which are better directed at the significant issues of the investigation.