PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 11th Jun 2016, 06:28
buzz66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Satcomm
Why would anyone suspect this may be due to transport damage of the gearbox? Maybe if you had any idea of what the damage may have been, then maybe, just maybe you could speculate.

But without knowing what happened, then you have no grounds to speculate. This could be something as simple as damaged threads of the generator/alternator studs. It could also have been bounced off the back of the transport trailer going down the highway ... Tumbling down the highway, smashing through a couple construction barriers and eventually coming to rest at the bottom of a lake. Either way, it was sent back to AH (despite the rumours on here of heli-one) and I'm sure was inspected/repaired accordingly.
Any Transport Damage will lead to speculation.

Just as you are speculating on the idea that I don't know the details of the Transport damage, if I did I wouldn't be putting it in print or anywhere else that could land my butt in Court

You know the word "Rumor" features heavily in the Name of this Forum.

Just for your info, the Alternators are NOT mounted to the gearbox by studs. It's held in Place with a Clamp...It does have a locating Pin thou, and provision for oil cooling, but I get your point.

Last edited by buzz66; 11th Jun 2016 at 07:05.