PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 11th Jun 2016, 01:47
Satcomm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HC,

Because for example the hours on the epicyclic since overhaul must be known but it's not been reported. Ditto the HUMS history. Maybe the relevant HUMS history is zero (probably not!) in which case say so. What maintenance activities relating to the struts? Must be known, but secret. Exactly what bits of struts were found where (ie what remained attached to the transmission decking, what was attached to the free flying bit. This must be known but the release of info on this subject has been cryptic.
I guess I can see your point and I must admit I would like for the aibn to come out with some of the above details but at the same time, they must not feel it is pertinant information for the general public at this point.

Here's my take for what it's worth.

The epicyclic TBO hours will be somewhere less then the TBO, and that's all that really matters. As far as I know, we do not know the MGB or MRH hours at this point either. I believe it is turboshaft that has been pushing the MGB TBO. Seeing how it came from AH overhaul and was installed in January, who cares, it is no where near TBO. If the TBO was 1000 hours, let alone 2000 or 4400, it would not be at TBO.

The HUMS must not be telling to much or the AIBN would not be able to say that current means the detect failure are not adequate. If there was an obvious vibration trend or chips detected in the days/weeks on HUMS prior to the accident then I think they could state that it was detectable and avoidable.

We all know there was a substantial amount of suspension bar maintenance prior to the accident. Both the MGB and MRH were replaced in the months prior. This is in no means abnormal maintenance, they have to be disconnected to remove these major components. I do believe it was stated early on that there were no "human misinterpretions", so one should assume this maintenance was performed correctly.

As far as what was still connected to where, you seen the pics of the wreckage correct?? It's not only if the fitting was still attached to the deck or not. If not, was it the cause, was it ripped off as a result of the cause or was it detached when the aircraft hit the the ground at 13000 +feet/min. All this I'm sure they have highly trained individuals working very hard to figure out. Can only imagine the amount of speculation on here if they just said all 4 bolts were sheared off!

Just my thoughts