PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 10th Jun 2016, 23:51
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by n305fa
I'd just like to say a couple of comments re the above and helicompartor.

The AIBN is the investigation authority, no-one else. They areinvestigating a significant, complicated (beyond our laymans understanding)accident without all of the evidence available. Everything they publish is as a result of comprehensive expert analysis of factual evidence available to the investigation, not us. To suggest that they are 'hiding' (my paraphrase) facts shows a very clear misunderstanding of the process of air accident investigation.

Issues relating to immediate airworthiness are published when the evidence and analysis shows that the airworthiness of an aircraft type is in question. All of the issues that may show 'deficiencies' will be investigated and reported as appropriate in the final report.
I suggest that you are making most of that up because you don't actually know. Not out of malice, of course. What you say is as it should be, however you fail to address the issue that some quite complex pieces of information, pictures, titbits etc have been released whilst some very basic facts, easily available without any need for interpretation, have not been released. Until that can be explained I'll remain a bit suspicious.