PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2016, 21:56
Teamglobal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Croissant2016
Turnover is high because basically they recruit ALOT of young crew who have minimal experience and so don't know the meaning of customer service, think it's a glamorous job that they can still fit around their social life and many of them just don't last. Sorry if that sounds blunt.
Yes, they are casual and yes, they are told that in recruitment but most casuals are generally flying full time rosters (there are some quiet months) but I see too many young ones who are straight out of high school, no idea and don't last more than a few months. Some of them just don't understand the concept of work and it's a struggle to get them out of the galley and into the cabin.
This is not a glamorous job, this is invasive to your private life and social life and you will be exhausted ALOT of the time but you will work in an amazing environment with amazing crew and there are some crew who have been there coming up to 15 years, no plans on leaving. It's aviation. Sadly many people just can't grasp that (and granted its very hard to do that without prior flying experience)
However there are plenty of inexperienced crew that love it and stay, but they just had more realistic expectations to start with. I am in no way against new crew. I love meeting fresh, new eager crew and it's lovely to train and work with someone who cares about their job, cares about our customers and puts in 100% effort. These can be long, gruelling days, but they then get balanced out by a trip with a decent layover or an easy flight that gives you a bit of time to relax on. I think the most frustrating thing is just seeing crew who don't have any clue on what to expect with groundschool, somehow pass and come online and don't make an effort in their training to learn, then cruise through under the radar until they get enough warnings or have too many sick days that they end up leaving. This is a brilliant job, but sometimes you have to work 9-5 to realise how good you have it
Yes i hear you croissant2016!!