PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2016, 16:39
Planemike

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SND..........that sums it up pretty well.

Thread drift coming up..... Today my copy of "The Moth" (magazine from the deH Moth Club dropped through my letter box). It contained the antidote to everything in this thread: a well written report on Johan WIKLUND's flight from North Cape to Cape Town in a deH 60 Cirrus Moth. He was commemorating, fellow Swede, Gosta Andree's flight in 1929.

A real SOLO flight, no one in the front cockpit and no accompanying a/c. Just a solid individual effort. Yes, he is an airline pilot which may have helped a bit. There may have been some sponsorship but little was made of that. The aircraft bore the name of a Swedish crowd funding website.

He has received the Gold Medal from the Royal Swedish Aero Club as "Aviator of the Year). He has also been awarded "The Spirit of Enterprise" trophy from the Moth Club. Both, I am sure very well deserved. I cannot see anyone dissenting from the presentation of these awards to a very competent pilot who just got on with the challenge with minimal publicity..........

Well done.....Johan !!!!