PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air cadet Slingsby glider needed for display at Pre-War Prescott
Old 10th Jun 2016, 16:11
G-ANHG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air cadet Slingsby glider needed for display at Pre-War Prescott

I was going to post this appeal on the ATC grounded thread, but thought it might get buried. I'm ex-ATC (1960's) and then went on the join the RAF as an Engineering Officer, and a later VR Civilian Instructor, so I am 1,000% behind any effort to support/preserve/resurrect gliding for the Air Cadets.

Briefly, I now live and work in Seattle for Boeing (777X) but come over to England every July to run Pre-War Prescott, a large vintage car speed hillclimb event in the Cotswolds that I founded in 2011. I use the event to raise funds for the RAF Charitable Trust, much of which goes to support the Air Cadets. This year (Saturday 16th July), we're celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the Air Cadets, with 8 regional Squadrons involved. The ATC is working to have one of their VGS gliders there, and also their recruitment vehicle with glider simulator and other displays supporting the Anniversary.

This appeal is specifically for anyone who has, or knows anyone with a Slingsby T.21 or T. 31 in Air Cadet markings, who would be prepared to bring it to Prescott and rig it beside the modern equivalent in the paddock. Or even a primary glider? We're wide open to suggestions and offers.

Every year, the Cadets join us to support the event. I do NOT use them for car parking or similar duties, but rather get them rides up the hill in suitably fast and furious vintage sports and racing cars. The looks on their faces when they return to the paddock is all the reward I need.

The event details can be found Pre-War Prescott ?.

Even if you can't help with a glider, do come along and support the Cadets - they have never needed us more. We have 200 vintage cars, 25 vintage aircraft, the BBMF Lancaster and much more. And YOU can thumb a ride up the hill too!

Incidentally, if there are any other Cadets or their parents from farther afield who read this, I'd like to offer them FREE family entry to the event. E-mail me at vintageminor-at-gmail.com and will sort your tickets.

Thanks,

Ian Grace (Flt. Lt. ret'd.)