PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2016, 11:33
Flying Wild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slowjet
Looks like they haven't changed much. Way back, mate of mine logged an application, got lots of green lights and an inside track. He happened to be in Leeds and was hotac'd on their doorstep. He thought he would say "hi" and request a progress check and since he was right there, make himself available for any further questions they might have. He got a very shifty response, was handed over to some chick in HR who kept calling him Duncan (not even close). He returned to his ME Base and never heard from them ever again. Twots. Deserve what they get !
Your last comment is a bit harsh. I don't profess to know what goes on in the hallowed halls of HR, however I would like to think things have changed for the better. Instead of a yearly recruiting campaign, they have gone to year round recruitment. Supposedly to ease the training burden and spread it out. There are definitely people coming across from RYR, and also from the ME. How successful are the roadshows? That remains to be seen, but I'm sure they've got their reasons and have had to justify them to PM. They do seem to reject some good people, but as for any other airline, they have their 'bar' which candidates need to meet.

As I've said before, I'm quite happy with the way things are going. They've certainly developed for the better over the time I've been with them. There are now further opportunities for FO's to become ground instructors and SFI's. The Tech training manager is an SFO. The company seems to have grown up a bit with regards to FDM incidents on the line. Heard of an limitation exceedance recently which was simply down to a slip/lapse and was put down to human error. No fact finds/interviews without coffee/off roster required.