PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 10th Jun 2016, 08:45
turboshafts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pi1ot
This seems like an interesting article: Airbus-sjef frikjente girboksen. 12 dager senere kom rapporten som indikerer det motsatte - Tu.no

Could someone please help translating the article and linked document?
Very interesting.
It is nothing directly new, except they refer to the meeting protocol of
ekstraordinært møte i Samarbeidsforum for helikoptersikkerhet på norsk kontinentalsokkel (SF). That has been published.

(extraordinary meeting in cooperationforum for helicopter security on norwegian continental shelf - SF)

Here is the interesting part:

Utenfor MGB
– Airbus Helicopters (AH) hevder at det er ikke funnet spor av overopphetning i MGB. AH tror ikke problemet ligger i MGB, men må finnes utenfor. Det er derfor AH mener at en ikke kan legge design av MGB til grunn for at helikopteret ikke skulle være luftdyktig, heter det i referatet fra helikoptersikkerhetsforumet.

På dette tidspunktet framholdt helikopterprodusenten fortsatt at feil ved et av opphengene, nærmere bestemt festet til MGB suspension bar, var en sannsynlig utløsende årsak til at hovedrotoren løsnet.

I referatet kommer det fram at den norske ekspertisen synes det er vanskelig å forstå at for mye tiltrekkingsmoment på festebolter til støttestagene på MGB skal kunne forårsake brudd i støttestrukturen.

– Denne posisjonen Airbus Helicopters hadde inntatt, var utelukkende fundert på egne analyser. Vi er kritiske til at fabrikken i så stor grad har lent seg i én retning i stedet for å være mer åpen i en tidlig undersøkelsesfase, sier SF-leder Anders Røsok til Teknisk Ukeblad.

Outside of MGB

Airbus helicopters state that there is no trace of overheating of MGB.
AH does not believe that the problem lies within MGB, but has to be found outside. That is why AH means that one cannot hold design of MGB reason for the helicopter not to be airworthy, it is stated in the report from the helicopter security forum.

At this point the helicopter producer still claims, a failure to one of the fasteners, more specifically, the mount for the fastener of the MGB suspension bar, was a probable reason that the main rotor came loose.

In the report it is said that the Norwegian expertise find it difficult to understand that too much fastening torque to the fastening bolts of the suspension bar, should cause a crack in the support structure.
This position that Airbus Helicopter had taken, was solely based on own analyses. We are critical that the factory in such large grade have leant towards one direction instead of being more open in an early stage of the investigation, says SF leader Anders Røsok to Teknisk Ukeblad.