PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part NCC Stuff
Thread: Part NCC Stuff
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2016, 06:08
dc9-32

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Forgive me if I have missed something in the thread but I cannot see this aspect covered. I can see and already understand that FAA part 91 is completely different to having an AOC. This thread covers what I see is aimed at corporate aircraft be they operated privately or commercially.

How does this NCC stuff affect the likes of US ferry flight companies, of which there are many, and who are entrusted to be the operator by the aircraft owner or lease company to move their asset from A to B ?

As an example, the operator (ferry company) is based in USA and has no offices or staff in EASA land. The lease company, lets say based in France and the aircraft owner has their office registered in USA. The aircraft, lets assume it's an A320, is US registered now that it has been de-registered from it's previous operator registry. The crew hold FAA licences, medicals etc and are based in EASA land or at least that is where they live. The aircraft is not on anyone's AOC and is operated under FAA Part 91 and a FAA ferry permit for the trip A to B, crew only on board.

Another example, the operator (ferry company) is based in USA with no staff or offices in EASA land. Lease company based in France, owner of the aircraft also in France. The aircraft is French registered and keeps the same registry for the ferry flight from A to B. The same crew as above, also hold EASA licences, medical etc and obviously still live in EASA land. The ferry flight is operated under non AOC conditions because it is no longer on the previous operators ops spec so is being flown EASA equivalent of FAA Part 91 and a French ferry permit.

For the sake of ease lets say A and B are locations both inside EASA land.

Oh and if anyone has any EASA links that covers the above, please share so as to keep the answer simple.