PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet to close bases
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2003, 02:07
HackneyedHarry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Sig,

I really don't believe that any analyst in the city reads these threads and likewise I don't believe that anybody is posting threads to effect the share price. I still have all my share options and I am as worried as you about the share price. Probably five times less worried than you but still worried!

I used to be a broker in the city and hence still have many friends and family who still do work in the city and I can assure you no analyst, market maker or broker would ever be influenced by what's on this site. I can just imagine the early morning briefing given by the aviation analyst to the brokers.....' I've decided to downgrade EJ to a sell because I've been reading some disturbing posts on the pilot rumour network thingy websit,' I don't think so. At least it would give the office staff a good laugh! Having said that I'll tell my friends in the city, if they ask me, how I think EJ is being managed and of course I will stress that it is a limited view as I only see it from a line Captains perspective and have no access to any financial data etc.

You are right in that posts on this forum may well influence the pilot community but maybe that is why this site was set up in the first place.

As for Mad Max and In Trim giving good gen re EJ ..... well they would as they're management and if any incompetence should come to light than they would have much to lose.

An over zealous IPO has resulted in an over worked and frustrated work force. It's as simple as that.

In the end of the day no pilots or anybody from the city are really going to base any major life changing or financial decisions on what is said on this site. I think you underestimate both the city and the pilot community.