PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2016, 00:15
Stanwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may have a point, JS but, in a former life, I did spend a bit of time in magazine publishing.

Things are, of course, much tougher these days and so one's news-stand presence must attract the attention of the potential purchaser.
Of course the full-page Breitling, Boeing and Cessna ads, together with the 'in depth' advertorials inside, bring in essential revenue, but..
First, you've got to move the product itself.

Now, I do believe (and I'm sure my Art Director would have agreed with me) that the picture we're talking about, as a magazine cover, is a winner.
It ticks all the boxes.
It contains all the essential ingredients guaranteed to attract not only aviation enthusiasts, but potential advertisers as well.
Leaving aside for a moment the subliminal depiction of two complementary aspects of past and present day aviation being so forcefully attracted to each other, the picture itself conveys an atmosphere, at the same time, both dynamic and serene.
Then, apart from dramatically depicting everything from the ruggedness of Boeing and Hamilton Standard's products, it opens a gateway opportunity for the suppliers of plexiglass products and airframe refinishing goods to showcase their wares.

The cover would then draw attention to the gripping features inside.
I can see it now..

EXCLUSIVE!
TRACEY: Her Story.
The secret women's guide to success in any chosen field.

WITCH HUNT!
Jealous and vindictive men pursue our Tracey.

I tell you, it'd just walk off the news-stands.