PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robin DR400's
Thread: Robin DR400's
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2003, 02:02
DOC.400
"Trust Me"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got to input on this -look at my handle!! Share since '94 and about 500 Robin hours.

AF -Try a 180 -full fuel, four adults and 60kgs of luggage, 130kt cruise. But at MTOW, this puts you above MLW, so you must fly for about two hours -such hardship......

A&C -hiya! You know this plane....BTW, my uncle had the inspection done on his DR400 at Dijon for about £1500.

CSX001 -iffey on strips! Cobblers. This plane is SUCH fun. How about the 400m strip of Binstead, IOW -two adults, 2 children, half fuel, no probs.......the difficult bit is believing how SLOW it will go on the approach and u still have full control........great for crosswinds too with a 22kt demonstrated, that's why the wing tips are turned up ;-)

Until FM Immune came in, used it for loads of IMC -I don't fly it, just think it around the sky..In still air (it loves 5-8000') one can fly for miles by just nudging the rudder occassionally and a tweak on the trim.

The ONLY drawback -with all that perspex, it can get MIGHTY hot inside. Flew into Barcelona Sabadel when the OAT was +44C. Goodness knows what the inside temp was!!

DOC
PS One eighth share available, based EGLM, £8K, 1989.