PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - June AAIB - wrong deck landing
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2016, 14:34
RWing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HeliComparator
Interesting that you felt the need to create a new forum persona just to post that! Anyway I am all for investigating incidents with the hope of trying to reduce recurrence. But in this case, there has been no significant investigation of all the circumstances, just a "blame the pilots" subtext and not questioning how much of the rest of the circumstance was avoidable. A good opportunity missed but let's face it, AAIB are not best placed to investigate this sort of thing since they have no idea of the environment and clearly don't have the time to find out.
Sorry, been a long-time reader but not a poster. I suppose I have a lot of time on my hands due to not flying much at the moment for various reasons... read into that as much as you wish...

I totally agree with you HC; I have a feeling there was more to these events and I wonder if the company investigation reports go into more detail? I certainly hope they do.

My personal feeling is that we will still see more Wrong Deck Landings in the future... watch this space...