PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - June AAIB - wrong deck landing
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2016, 14:06
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by RWing
I think you all need to re-read the full Bulletin report:

1. It is not an accident report, but an INCIDENT report as clearly stated on the top left hand corner of the Synopsis Page.
2. It is not published in isolation; page 47 of the SAME report is about G-CHBY, an AW139 from Humberside having a Wrong Deck landing too... proof that this is not an isolated incident and by companies engaging with the Investigation authorities we can all try and learn from these unfortunate occurrences as a community.

We all know that Wrong Deck Landings are happening throughout the world and for once I enjoyed reading these reports to help recognise a potential situation which could lead to me making the same mistake. I will certainly be checking and double checking in the future!
Interesting that you felt the need to create a new forum persona just to post that! Anyway I am all for investigating incidents with the hope of trying to reduce recurrence. But in this case, there has been no significant investigation of all the circumstances, just a "blame the pilots" subtext and not questioning how much of the rest of the circumstance was avoidable. A good opportunity missed but let's face it, AAIB are not best placed to investigate this sort of thing since they have no idea of the environment and clearly don't have the time to find out.