PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2016, 18:55
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charter/Madrid

getonittt

Madrid has been a thorny subject re the CAA stats as they were often missing. I questioned the CAA about the Norwegian/Madrid figures, the lateness of the provisional stats and their disappointing revamped website and of course the reply was the usual platitudes, although they totally decided to ignore the Norwegian/Madrid question.At least it seems they now do show up and based on 3466 in May 2015 I would say around 300% up in May 16.

insuindi

In respect of the Charter pax there are one of two reasons for the figures quoted:

1) They need new batteries for their calculator or
2) once again all Thomas Cook have been included as schedule. When I used to post the monthly stats I never could work out the Canaries flights as they seemed to favour more towards schedule and the penny finally dropped and I worked out the Thomas Cook figures were included as schedule.

May 2015 Charter passengers were 170212 but 11% of 1005861 is 110645. However with an extra based Thomson I would expect the true figure to be up and with Thomas Cook possibly carrying around 75000 pax in MayI would say charter increased rather than decreased.

Pete