PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bay of Pigs - and Other Cuban Aviation
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2016, 11:06
Autobahnstormer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teeters,

I was there in March and concur with Coochycool. The Playa Giron museum has a Sea Fury and a couple of tanks outside and a few bits & pieces inside (according to the Tour Guide) I stayed outside as we were on a horrific bus trip from Cienfuegos to Varadero.

In the middle of Havana is the Granma Memorial, which was closed and guarded when I was there, something perhaps to do with POTUS visiting the day afterwards. It has a Sea Fury, what looks like a Dauntless and some other hardware outside including an SA-2 & Launcher.

I didn't make it to the Museo Del Aire, as others have suggested, it may or may not have closed, information is very sketchy. None of the locals could confirm that it was open and even if it still existed in the suburb of Miramar.

You will utterly loathe Jose Marti Airport at Havana, it makes Jomo Kenyatta Airport at Nairobi positively efficient, but you can sneak a quick smoke in the bogs, they turn a blind eye to that. It will take 3 hours for your luggage to travel 150 metres from the Aircraft to the carousel.

HTH (ish)

ABS