PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA changing their safety strategy.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2016, 09:04
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You would have thought that their mission was contained in their title.
Piltdown Man - You may be aware that the European Parliament Committee on Transport and Tourism have recently delivered a report on a draft Legislative Resolution whose objective is to repeal Regulation (EC) 216/2008 - the Basic Regulation establishing an EU Aviation Safety Agency to enable the creation of a new one where you will find the recommendation of the Rapporteur is the changing of the agency's title from EASA to the European Union Aviation Agency i.e. dropping 'Safety' from the title. This is described in Articles 1, 4, 21 and 171.

EASA is a farcical bureaucracy, staffed by people unemployable elsewhere, cast-offs from Member States' regulatory authorities. Anyone who has sat through many of its workshops, as I have on different subjects, is only too aware of the appalling standard of knowledge among its staff, to say nothing of the bumbling amateurism and zero presentational skills with which these affairs are run.
Capot - I think that's a bit harsh. I know several there who were perfectly capable, professional individuals (some with personalities) in previous employment - I do feel that they have undergone some sort of assimilation process though and certainly don't strike you as having much interest or energy in their respective fields, and if you see how frequently staff are shuffled around, you will know that a number of so called subject matter experts (policy officers) are in fact not necessarily experts in the subjects that they currently hold responsibility for.

Sadly, there is a lot of truth stated in this thread though.

Thank you for your attention!