PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of the 225?
Thread: End of the 225?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2016, 23:04
birmingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's inevitable - unfortunately.

CHC Scotia don't fall under Chapter 11? Well yes and no. If they are a direct subsidiary then it is effectively the same thing if the Americans are guaranteeing the finance or the leasing it is effectively the same thing - i could go on. If CHC Scotia is independently viable it could live on its own - to do this they need to return the leases which is effectively the same thing!

And they don't need more new aircraft they already have them or will be able to access stored aircraft against valid contracts. North Sea passenger numbers are down 30%.

But be fair to the clients guys - what possible alternative do they have? They are bound to exercise caution, but if they want to wait for the enquiy, whatever fixes are recommended to be implemented and then see 18 months of safe running by a competitor, then one oilco at least has to stick its neck out and back the EC225. Are any of the advisors on this forum telling their boards to do that and do they think they will listen?

And CHC - do you think they felt the warm embrace of the manufacturer's full support? or did someone imply it was all their fault? ... to put it mildly. What goes around etc.

I appreciate that it could have happened to the 92, but it didn't, at least not in the NS and not so often - yet!.

This is real life, 13 real people are dead and the reputational damage to the beast is pretty well unrepairable.

This is only a helicopter when all is said and done. Unfair? - pretty much definitely but life is unfair.

As I said - perfect storm and a great aircraft heads to retirement as they all do eventually - this one without doubt prematurely... and please HC - I am genuinely as sad to see this happen as you are, really, have some great memories of all versions of this craft from the very beginning all those years ago has been a big part of my life too. I'm sure that some versions will carry on - but the game is well and truly over in E&P - and it's hard to take!

One partisan coment (and I have no connection to CHC/HS) - their people have remained dignified througout this whole episode - my condolences for the loss of their people, those honest souls who are going through hell (still) and for those additionally made redundant.

Last edited by birmingham; 8th Jun 2016 at 08:25.