PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 7th Jun 2016, 05:44
Diversification

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gearbox maintenance quality control

Birmingham wrote in #1213
Diversification; There is no way that a company of HS/CHC's standing operating a contract for Statoil would knowingly use old parts (unless part of a fully approved refurbishment program with full traceability). There is an outside chance it would happen without their knowledge but so many systems and checks are there it is next to impossible. There have been a number of statements made about maintenance and we haven't yet had the report. But the standards these guys work to are the highest in the world. We should certainly give them more than the benefit of the doubt until some evidence is produced. I don't know any more than anybody else but I would be very surprised if they weren't entirely exonerated.

After reading of the AIBN report about LN-OPG dated 2001 it is clear to me that at that time (2001) the procedures applied for quality control of some parts made by Eurocopter and their suppliers in France as well as by HS in their own refurbishing of gear boxes. One can only hope that the findings in that report from AIBN had a major impact and was followed up later.