PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - May 31st
Thread: May 31st
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2016, 00:14
plainpilot11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand, but in recent history the AOA doesn't have that great of a track record dealing severely, quickly, and forcefully in the face of completely negligent behavior that the company has shown. When RP's were cancelled, there should have been more done. What happened when this AMP program came about? Nothing. These two changes in very recent history has shown sadly, that our pilots could care less, and has given willingness to continue this type of behavior to the company. All I'm saying, is that I don't think our membership is ready to look seriously at the type of changes coming and have the foresight to ask the right questions, get serious about the language, and do it right. It's not a matter of reinventing the wheel, true, but it is a matter of living and working in a place where certain legal protections are in place, which is not a place where we live or work. There's a reason why the other "major carriers" have made this type of contract work, and it's because they do have first world protections. Cathay has shown that they will do whatever they want to, whenever they want to, and we won't do anything about it.