PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines food
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2016, 20:44
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Many thanks to all for the great information. I knew that some websites host pictures of food but had not realised how extensive they had become.

I won't bore you with the things I can and cannot eat but the 'international' menus of the last few years have been giving me problems. There are many international foods that I don't eat and have found myself unable to accept either option. Typically, one option is spicy (all the fashion) and the other is pasta based. I am allergic to spices and cannot stand pasta - so I eat several rounds of cheese and biscuits! As happened to me on a PER~MEL 3hr sector in March (Y cabin).

Here is an exchange from my regular beat on VS in PE from a couple of years ago:
"Sorry but I cannot eat either of those"
Kefuffle and senior CC arrives with an arched eyebrow and I explained about the pasta and spice: "Why did you not order a special meal then?"
"Because VS has never presented me with this option before. In the 25 odd years that I have been using your airline, I have never found a meal I could not eat - until today. Besides, a special meal can also contain pasta and spice!" CC's eyebrow relaxed and they found a spare meal from Upper.

So when selecting TK, I am particularly anxious as many of their illustrations show their own cuisine (understandable) and I cannot eat any of it. The pictures are one thing but it's the ingredients that count! The info about the Sky Chef was MOST helpful as the TK website referred to them but did not go into the kind of detail that, say, SQ does. When planning that trip, their website was brilliant and TK could take a lesson. If I do use TK, I shall find this thread and report back.

I have bookmarked the information pages, even though one of them was fawning over TK so much that they are either looking for advertising or freebie upgrades ...