PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Interview Perth: Information!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2003, 21:05
ozskipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Psychometric testing

I thought I'd pop in some advice here about the psychometric testing (the profiling test).

A big part of my role is recruitment and we rely on psychometric testing as one of the tools in the process to assist in the shortlisting process.

Andrew is spot on - answer them honestly and don't think about the question too much - go with gut feel - that's exactly the way they are designed.

There are built in controls (called credibility factoring / levels) and if you think about them too much your answers will not match up with the previous answers - and as such your credibility factor decreases.

Although a question may appear similar to previous ones, they will be subtle differences and the profile for that question will be looking for a different personality trait.

Best way to do these tests is quickly, don't change your answers and don't try and guess what the examiner is trying to find out. The tests highlight your preferences for work styles - ie team work, leadership, people skills, intravert or extrovert (not whether your loud or not, whether you draw your energy from others or from within) etc.

The recruiters might be looking for a blend of different preferences, so if you try and fake it so you look like an outgoing, extrovert, with strong leadership skills you might actually be tilting your preference to a indecisive, overbearing, extrovert with low credibility.

If you do it honestly, your natural preferences show up clearly and the credibility factor carries a lot of weight when deciding on the mix of staff required.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth.