PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Pilot Moving To America & TSA CLEARANCE
Old 6th Jun 2016, 15:55
GBPilot95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK Pilot Moving To America & TSA CLEARANCE

Hi everybody,
I am a newly qualified EASA rated pilot with CPL/IR on MEL/SEL through CAE Oxford Aviation Academy. While I was doing my training in Phoenix I met a girl. Cut a long story short we decided to get married and for me to move to America (as it has always been my dream). I would be pursuing a flight instructor job so I will be training to earn my FAA CFI/CFII/MEI
We have applied for a K1 visa which allows me to enter to USA to get married and then apply for my green card. As the processing times for green card are over 1 year in the mean time the US government give me an EAD (Employment Authorization Document). My real question is about TSA clearance. Can I get TSA clearance on this EAD(work permit)? I know I can for a green card but I can't find any information anywhere if I can get it on this document.
In terms of the conversion of license I am familiar with the process and have been in contact with a flight school close by but even they are unsure if I will be able to do this.

If anybody has input or further information that will help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much