PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2016, 14:42
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN does have particular issues though, T3 is just a poorly laid out mess nowadays as it's being misused from it's original design. The original 1990s T1 Domestic was an oasis of calm and the T3 remodelling was for sparsely packed A319s and B737s as well as 50 seat DHC8s and EMB145s aimed at the business traveller.
I just had to struggle through a T3 scrum of Ryanair mixed with Air France, KLM and an American B763 boarding without their preferred secured off gate. It's an utter melee, compounded by the facial recognition machine which failed to recognise me cos my head was down on the original biometric image. It let me through but the staff did explain it was my fault for not looking up. Great customer experience (not!), look I genuinely love MAN, it has great memories for me but the redevelopment can't come soon enough. For an international arriving passenger, both the Cathay and Singapore arrivals were bussed yet again, the SQ328 of which I was on, taxied past an almost empty Terminal 3. (Grumpy, tired and jet lagged but so cut me a little slack)