PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2016, 08:15
Mr A Tis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MAN security

Firstly, I would never book a LoCo carrier to connect to a longhaul flight. That is asking for trouble.
RE MAN security : Premium pax at MAN have to use the fast track lane, which is in fact often no priority as this is the wheelchair, baby buggy lane which can sometimes take longer than the standard queue.
At MAN to get any speed through security you have to pay for the priority lane-even if a premium pax.
Sometimes, I feel the queues are being engineered to sell more priority lane tickets.
Instead of offering 3 levels of service and pricings, the airport should be pulling out all the stops to process all pax within 15 minutes.
It is the only airport in the world, that I know of, that has three levels of security queues.
Also, the amount of cabin baggage these days is bordering on the ludicrous, this is down to the LoCo model of often charging more for bags than for people. It's a shame the legacies are also edging that way rather than promoting the benefits of an all in price. One of which, is speedier security checks.

Last edited by Mr A Tis; 6th Jun 2016 at 09:48.