PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cretin in the circuit
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2016, 08:00
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't feel bad, I had a brain donor who came into the strip this weekend, again with no radios, taxied up to the end of the strip swung around onto the opposing threshold, parked it up and pissed off for his lunch leaving it parked to face others landing and taking off for THE THIRD TIME IN 2 YEARS ! His "parking spot" just happens to be the closest place to the path for the cafe. I cleared the runway by pushing his plane into the rough tall grass and sent a text letting him know he was finally barred. I'm patient guy who does everything I can to encourage GA and make my strip available to all but this was taking the piss. Prior to this, the same guy couldn't decide where on the 14 acres clear of the runway he wanted to park so put it in the ditch, tried to power it out causing a nose over and lost the last 6" of his prop, then suggested it would be fine to fly home in that condition with an elderly non pilot passenger.

The mind boggles.

Edit to add: To be more accurate, he didn't taxi up to the end of the runway after landing, he touched down 2/3 of the way down the 1600ft strip and just managed to stop prior to the fence, this was after his first landing attempt was aborted and a go around made thank god.

Last edited by piperboy84; 6th Jun 2016 at 08:11.