PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - May 31st
Thread: May 31st
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2016, 02:07
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curtain, you may well be right, but why on earth would you publicly sound so absolutist defeatist ? The industry is changing, the expectations are changing. We are now settled into a long, drawn out campaign that IS having an effect. We need to all be committed, resolved and determined to see this to a successful outcome. Surely posts like yours only accomplish two things: 1) give the management encouragement to resist any call for change, and 2) help discourage the weaker and wavering amongst us. Let's draw the line against any further compromise and concession. It's gone on too long now, over 20 years...and it is now time to see this through to the end, no matter what that may be. For most of us, at least seeing there is no hope of a good outcome is a positive, as it will drive most of us to seek better careers elswhere. Either outcome to me is acceptable, just don't aid and abet the enemy. I choose to show the company that there is no room for anything other than a first world contract. Anything less means continued CC, and probably early retirement. No matter what, the company will not succeed in seeing me personally accepting continuing with a substandard contract.