PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of the 225?
Thread: End of the 225?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2016, 02:10
OnePerRev

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Sultan
SAS,

Classy as ever. With modern helicopters like the B429, AW139/189 having 30m+ loss of lube capability (as well as the 225 if a sensor was wired correctly) I expect at least the NS to soon mandate the capability. No hiding behind marketing BS. Bye-bye S-92 when that happens.

The Sultan
30 minute rule again? has that not been beat to death? Do you really want to keep flying with no MGB oil in any helo? At that time are you going to trust that some arbitrary demonstration guarantees your safety for xx minutes? I bet no.
I also think you must really be just a big old teaser, you would be sad to see S-92 go away, and don't be so sure of status quo.

You touch a real topic however, and that is regarding "mandated capability". The real news in this thread context is regarding capability of failure detection. The one claim that is made in the preliminary report is that the present means are not sufficient. Very powerful statement in a preliminary report, with widespread implications. This will be the basis of new rulemaking, mark my words... it will take 10 years to implement.