PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of the 225?
Thread: End of the 225?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2016, 01:53
OnePerRev

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HeliComparator
@oneperrev. A bit of a ranty post if I may say so, but my point about the certification process was applicable to both sides of the Atlantic. The reason why I consider the 225 superior to the S92 in nearly every way (apart from the quickly detachable rotor head) is based on a pilot's perspective.

Uncluttered Avionics, autopilot and its protections, smoothness at speed, noise, ability to just put in full fuel regardless. We now have a lot of people bouncing from 225 to 92 and back, I know of one person who prefers the 92 but he is mad.
Fair enough HC. My rant was in response to the many items, could have broken it up I suppose. I can certainly appreciate a preference, and in particular if it is based on a particular professional point of view. Your comments in context however was aimed at other areas of technical superiority and you furthered the argument to add in some inconsistent data about manufacturers reaction to issues that also applies to both sides of the Atlantic.. It just demanded a rebuttal . But that's part of the makeup of this board after all.

We all should be mad even though Most of us had nothing to do with the tragedy. Seriously, the best points of these discussions is that it tends to formulate opinions, both rational and irrational, and if those can lead to practices and actions, the industry moves forward..

I am not one to pile on your misfortune - on contrary I wish the best for the displaced professionals with simple recommendation to objectively learn from it what we can.