PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - May 31st
Thread: May 31st
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2016, 23:11
airplaneridesrfun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard that Management have recognized that we have quite a few deficiencies in regards to our credited time.

Apparently the new credit factor for leave is 2.8 hours, to accurately reflect what the credit should be.

Rostering practices are relatively unchanged from previous arrangements, prior to the company unilaterally changing them.

HKPA goes up, but not to full housing. 10/14/18/24/32 for SO/JFO/FO/SFO/CN.

Pay rise effective Jan 1 2017 of 4.8%. If future pay rises are not agreed upon, then 3% per year will be implemented automatically.

Type changes allowed every 3.5 years, and jokers to be done away with.

Any vacancies in a seat/plane will be bid out, and eligible officers allowed to swap fleets anytime.

We will be able to bid for training events.... like every other civilized airline in the world. For example. you have a PC due in August, you bid for it in June, are awarded it in July, so that you can bid accordingly in July for your AUG roster.

JFK base will open... obviously still at 84 hours..... even though some really stupid people perpetuate the rumor that it might increase (why would you spread something so stupid). In fact, the more likely story is that the overtime threshold will decrease to 76 hours in this base - due to the lower pay than say the FRA base..... and DEFO/DEC will occur, if slots are not filled.

Profit share formula change.

The company is expanding, and acquiring. They want us happy, and by demanding us to come to the table, they will be pleased to just have harmony for a slightly higher cost.

All of this for the ending of a training ban... they could care less about CC... but undoubtedly want this lifted as well.

What do we say???? I will vote NO until future improvements are implemented, including:

Commuting clause
Real FOC's
Roster stability
the ability to drop trips properly
The company actually complying with FTL's and rostering practices
Everyone has room for their bag in the bag room
Everyone gets a locker!! Why does it take so long!!
Real Health insurance for me and my family, in HKG and my home country (covering everything - like a real company)
The elimination of doing online training events for free
The ability to opt out of flying with certain Captains

Ok... rant over.

I'm sure we have worked out all the kinks, and we will have an industry leading contract (for pilots).