PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2016, 19:09
N75537

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, first my two cents:
I went to the DLR last month, its a tricky long day but we all can pass (I did!).
I didn't had amazing scores in the CBT provided (I thought quite bad in MEK and RMS), but hey, I did received the yes!
In the actual test the level increases with time, and as the colleagues said, they go up to the max level in CBT's (roughly).
Some differences, for example in Math some of the questions were NON multiple choice, and the time available is not too much as usual, so apply usual "test procedures" of skipping and then reviewing long questions back. There were no mind calculation or basic knowledge tests, also, no interview whatsoever.
There were also some psychological tests to check your profile, as usual many questions in not-so-many minutes.
The English test was quite to a standard, some of the questions where local expressions or old English, but can be done specially if you have lived in an English country.
The MIC is good fun, is just a game, not related to a plane or simulator you could practice. As the brief says, you have an altimeter, a compass and an anemometer, and they all move up and down as they wise, every time you managed to "compensate" it the dials just move away requiring more input, is just for checking your scan. Also you have the monitoring task, but it has a good pace and can be done.

Just be well rested and relaxed, they are just tests not the actual Cargolux interview. I don't recommend travelling there in the same day, and for the way back the tests ends around 1630-1700 for real, so keep that in mind.

For the new guys, good luck!