PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of the 225?
Thread: End of the 225?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2016, 13:58
birmingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by industry insider
Several Oil Companies in the last couple of days have decided that reintroduction of the 225 will take a long time, be very difficult from an IR perspective and have decided to move away from the 225 permanently.

As An oil company advisor who advises the board, I will wait until more information becomes available before adopting a final recommendation. Since the 225 is now grounded by my regulator and operator, there seems little point in rushing to a conclusion, adding my voice is meaningless in the current situation.
It will take a while I'm sure - but technically speaking it will definitely be feasible to mitigate the problem and return the beast to the air. It is highly unlikely the regulators will issue a permanent ban. However, depending what they ultimately decide is the cause, their recommendations might amount to the same thing.

REDL was preventable, this one might have been we don't yet know.

As you correctly point out the economic and industrial relations considerations can considerably outweigh the technical. It is only my own opinion, but I suspect that in the NS, 29 April 2016 was their last full day of service. Elsewhere they will probably live to fly another day.

As you say some of the Pumas have already departed the scene.

Last edited by birmingham; 3rd Jun 2016 at 14:11.