PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone done the Wings Alliance "Airline Ready Course"
Old 3rd Jun 2016, 13:20
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happily that pilot now has a job with Stobart, so it worked out
Is he driving trucks up and down the M6 now?

Seriously though, I have no interest for myself, (too old) but three of my younger friends are keen to pursue a career flying for airlines.

I'm wondering what the difference, in cost and quality, might be when you compare going to a "partner" school as a student and going through "Wings Alliance" to the same school.

If they don't charge more for the same thing, then where is the revenue stream for WA coming from?

Is there a fee payable by the student to WA and if so, what does he get for that? Or, is there a "kickback" to WA from the schools for referrals?

What's the benefit of a student using WA? Are we to believe that WA has better hooks into the airlines than the existing schools that have been feeding them for years? Could it be that the recommendation comes from the same guy at the school, but with a different hat on, so it is taken more seriously?

When I am asked for advice, I need to say that I've looked into it first. So I wanted to understand if this WA is simply a marketing body for member schools, or if there is actually some underlying value.