PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THE DECREASING SALARY
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2016, 20:55
Pixy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Response

I shouldn't really engage but what else is there to do when you can't sleep on a short layover many time zones different..

plt300

Not sure of your point. It's an analysis that's all. Data driven facts. If you have a better one then please let's hear it but I think the figures stack up. You got some more money so you're delighted. That seems a little pedestrian. I suspect you hardly understand the nuances. But please appreciate that I can hardly be joyous when aviation salaries, in real terms, are falling, year after year. I have enough pride in the profession not to condone that. Nor can I claim satisfaction when an opportunity to correct, make equitable and simplify a convoluted remuneration scheme is lost. Especially when it could probably be done at minimal cost, with less fatigue, more transparently and result in better satisfaction for all, Company included. I see it as disappointing.

mmorel

I'm not sure what to say to your comment. Following your logic, can I assume that year on year as things get more expensive due to consumer inflation that you will be happy with the same salary? How long until you actually do complain? If you think no one in the US is complaining then you've been watching too much CNN. Take your comment to its ultimate conclusion and you will be living on a bowl of rice a day. Wasn't that that the Chinese model? Are you are a closet communist? Perhaps you are simply a troll. If it's good enough for you then you will wind up hungry but happy. But it's not good enough for me. I don't believe it's unreasonable for salaries to keep up with cost of living. Especially within a record profit company.

Off to bed. Thanks for the entertainment. I'll let it be now.