PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2016, 17:13
roverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AvGeek1
I thought of how American could really grow their operations at Manchester, like by adding a 4 weekly Los Angeles on the 787-8 or a 2-3 weekly Miami 767-300ER service. I know that most of the locals at Manchester would say they wouldn't like this to happen as they want TCX to keep on these routes, but I'm afraid airlines don't think of your personal opinion when they are opening up of new route. If it's viable and could be a success they will do it.
American tend not to go for fragmented frequencies but for a daily operation from the outset of a new route. The routes you suggest, given that there is already a carrier on them and a heavy leisure focus, would be unlikely to sustain a daily service just yet. AA have three flights a day from MAN offering excellent onwards connections within North and Central America. Perhaps better that TCX and VS build up frequency out of MAN, as they are doing, fed by the interline and code-shares at MAN. Too much, too quick, is a risk on MAN-USA at the moment.