PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2016, 13:15
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Avtur, you are absolutely right that once the extent and depth of the malevolent attack on Air Safety, and perhaps even more importantly the continuing cover up of that by the MOD and the RAF Star Chamber, is understood then there is indeed shock and outrage as a result. I remember my own reluctant realisation that part of the leadership of my own Service had acted illegally and wilfully in destroying an entire system merely for their own short term purposes. You will see from the list of institutions in my #2590 above, some of the representations and evidence that have been presented to date. When a QC is given clear evidence of subvertion of the regulations and turns it on its head by calling that a Golden Period you get a real idea of the mountain that has to be climbed to get the message accepted and acted upon. Similarly the media, both broadcasters and newspapers, are prepared to highlight tragedies such as Mull, but balk at spending half the programme or article in explaining what airworthiness is, let alone describing the system that is supposed to provide and maintain it, and then further explaining the systemic damage that prevents that being done. So it isn't easy, but TV productions, radio interviews, newspaper articles, have all been produced with campaign input. MPs have been lobbied, ministers quizzed and informed differently to what has been "staffed" to them, evidence presented to military and civil police authorities. As has been made clear by the tenacious efforts of those campaigning re the Hillsborough and Birmingham scandals; justice delayed is truly denied, but better late than never! Just so with this scandal, the importance is to prevent recurrence, in our case of Airworthiness Related Fatal Military Air Accidents. That has to start with the acceptance of what has happened, the reform of the system so that it cannot happen again, and rebuilding it so that it can once again provide for Air Safety.

The one great thing that militates against getting all that out into the public arena is us, the aviation professionals. We all discourse with our own jargon, with acronyms that are constantly shifting so that Bletchley Park would have trouble keeping abreast of them, and starting out with a level of knowledge completely denied to the layman. That has to be overcome if we are to build up an awareness of the problem and what we think needs doing about it.

Some here will almost certainly dismiss my proposals re independence and separation for example. Unless there is an agreed agenda then there is no campaign, just noise. That is why I believe that PPRuNe is so useful. Many who read these threads never post, but may well pass on what they learn to others, spreading the word. Those who do post can fashion their style so that when they post to their MP for example, it is in a concise, informative, and authoritative style. Some MPs have already got the message and questioned ministers accordingly. There is no Golden Bullet, especially when the opposition lies, misrepresents, and generally obfuscates. Persistence is the key, and the more that join in the sooner we will prevail.

Sorry, a lot of words which generally implies little to say. We are always open to suggestions and guidance. This is a many headed Hydra that we have to slay. A few heads have already been felled so come on in and join the fray!

Last edited by Chugalug2; 2nd Jun 2016 at 13:37.