PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kiwi Bizjet
Thread: Kiwi Bizjet
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2003, 15:30
jungly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIRGIN will do well in NZ because the kiwi attitude is always to support the little battler over the perceived dominant bully.

However it is also a sad fact that most kiwis do not realise that Air NZ and even QF are the little battlers on the world stage. They are both small airlines.

VIRGIN on the other hand and the Richard Branson empire - although stand out performers and entreprenuers - are not little at all.

IN fact VIRGIN are now in the business of playing the same 'games' with QF/NZ that BA played in the 80's.

There was a TV ad in NZ many years ago that said "Dont leave home 'til you've seen the country" and the old ditty "Buy kiwi made". Oz has similar.

Perhaps you folk should support the home team..rather than slagging them off so much.

Sadly I must report to flying QF recently (International to SYD). I asked for some earplugs - as the scone grabbers behind me were making a racket - after a look of distain from the FA, she just tossed them into my lap. With an attitude towards service like that.....maybe QF are as 'cheap' as VIRGIN already.

****NB this is entirely off thread. Sorry*****