PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of the 225?
Thread: End of the 225?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2016, 10:39
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by S92PAX
The 225 seems well liked by those upfront but if you spent more time cramped in the back I think you might have a different opinion.
It will be the unpopularity with the workforce that kills it and not wholly on safety performance. It is dammed unpleasant being so squashed in for hours and hardly being able to walk off the dammed things due to complete loss of feeling in your legs.
Yes it is cramped in the back with 19. And of course it can routinely carry 19 whilst the S92 can't. So I sympathise to some extent, however I would just mention that I'm 6'41/2 and am very cramped in the front too (the cockpit is designed for small Frenchmen!) and of course I had to spend much, much longer in those conditions that a passenger flying one sector every couple of weeks does.

However it would be disingenuous to be "anti" the 225 on safety grounds when the real agenda was one of comfort.

Perhaps the answer is to ration food offshore? If the pax were all skinny I'm sure there would be a lot more room.