PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Seperation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2016, 07:49
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only comment on what the sim shows; I am curious why your SFI/TRI's can't answer this.
Firstly: you could be flying freight or a ferry, so CA eyes down the back might be unavailable.
2ndly: Yes the same checklist, but I'd be very cautious about deploying LED's with a separated engine. If the runway did not require it I might configure for a non LED landing if there is no option to make a visual inspection of the LED's. It could be night time, or the windows (freight version) could be blanked. Vision from the flight deck is only the 2 outboard LED's.
3rdly: The '0's' in the engine gauges are not the primary indications. The N1% shows 0, but the ancillary gauges show 'blank'. That means the sensor connection is missing. It is also why I suggest to students that during their analysis of the engine instruments, said out loud, is to differentiate between "no oil pressure" & "blank oil pressure". They mean different things and to non-english speaking (primary language) pilots under stress the wrong understanding is possible.
In the FFS sim I used to demonstrate all the different engine failures in sequence to confirm understanding of the possibilities. I was amazed how many students had not seen a surge or separation during FBS phase.