PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Preventing the loss of pure flying skills in jet transport aircraft.
Old 1st Jun 2016, 16:07
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
PEI ( been to lovely little Charlotte town -a good few years ago.

I would not argue with your clearer classification of the failings in the incidents I referred to . You seem to generally agree with my point that in order for something to happen there needs to be pressure on the managements to take active steps to mitigate what has become a significant cause of incidents even if overall the number of serious incidents have decreased.

The beanies can for a time wave the stats at you and say -our way is safer BUT and it is a big BUt it has become pretty clear that when things get difficult or unusual or unfamiliar 'their way is not safer it is in fact dangerous.
and sooner or later the lawyers are going to make compensation cases (which only refer to one incident at a time ) and say airline xx didnt train their crews properly for abnormal flight conditions and no amount of arguing about what happens to the other 99.999% of flights being safer is going to help then. So I think airline managers need that situation pushed upon them quite forcefully