PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2016, 15:44
savimosh01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny42C
Savimosh01 (your #8618),

Flt Lt Topley was "A" Flight Commander of 110 Squadron (and acting CO for some time until Sqn Ldr Penny took over in November '43, shortly before I was posted across to 8 Sqdn (IAF). Dave Cummin I don't remember, probably on "B" Flight and may have been posted in after I left.

Surprised that they were still getting fuel feed problems as late as May '44 (the very end), as I thought that had been fixed the year before. My Post p.130 #2591 tells the tale.

Cheers, Danny.

PS: What's happened to Post #8619 ? EDIT 301111 - Fixed !: this is now #8619.
I have a 110 Squadron photo taken at Quetta July 1942. There is a P/O Cummin(s). Could be someone with the same last name of course. I also have a photo of 'B' Flight taken sometime after my father joined the squadron in late 1943 where he is standing beside Dave Cummin. Rodney Topley flew the majority of his sorties with Tom Payne prior to flying a number with Dave Cummin. About his father running low on fuel, John Topley told me his father wrote in his log book about diverting to and landing at Silchar with an "eggcup of petrol" to spare.