PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erebus 25 years on
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2016, 11:58
Pakehaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote.."I've read it - from cover to cover at least twice, and flicked through it many times in between. What is actually almost laughable about Vette's treatise, is that he passes his theories off as "science" and his investigations "scientific". Nothing could be further from the truth - his assertions regarding mindset, whiteout, optical illusions are simply his theory - nothing more, nothing less. There is no credible science in there at all. That's not to say he is necessarily wrong - but there is nowhere near enough evidence to assert with confidence that he is right. Yet he put forward his theories as though they were gospel - and were accepted by Mahon as such.

Also, Vette's own interpretation of the CVR, full of his own surmising, is nothing but fantasy - but again, presented as reality."

Needed to delete that comment as I think it has come across in a negative value.The saying...Opinions are like aholes,everyone has one etc etc comes to mind etc etc......read the book several times myself,amazing how differences of interpretation arise!!!

Last edited by Pakehaboy; 1st Jun 2016 at 19:06.