PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Fat News
Thread: Boeing Fat News
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2016, 07:29
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeing Fat News

Dear Chief,

I have noticed over the last year or so that quite a number of the older pilots, mainly CN’s, became fat. They seems to think its ok to turn up with a few stones too many and pretending it is normal.

I had one CN turn up and to be honest my 84 year old aunt had a smaller arse, which is a remarkable achievement if you knew my aunt. He looked a mess.

I’m wondering if it is time to crack down on this sort of thing. What if we have to evacuate and they go first and then get stuck in the hatch?

Many a time I get senior crew members with too tight shirts, assuming they have not yet realised their body shape change and now end up with shirts 3 sizes too small. What if the shirt bursts?

When I joined I would never have turned up for work like this. I was made abundantly clear that you turned up in shape and smartly attired. You always brought your jacket and made sure you were able to close the buttons without looking like a sausage. Not these days it seems.

Chief,mate. What do you about this? Do I tell them to take it easy with the nuts and the bacon or do I refer the matter to you? Or am I expecting too much of the “old fart” generation?