PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Preventing the loss of pure flying skills in jet transport aircraft.
Old 1st Jun 2016, 06:18
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That flaw is so easily fixed by company initiative in designing the simulator training syllabus to accent manual flying skills instead of button pressing ad nauseum.
I wouldn't disagree but (as I think someone mentioned earlier) a lot of that button pressing is required by the regulator, and usually need to be done on a recurrent basis....autolands, emergency descent,, Hyd fail X, hyd fail Y, hyd fail X&Y...etc etc and some of it twice ( for both seats)...and then there's the "look at" that tricky new destination that might come on line...and the revision to some procedure Boeing/Airbus are coming up with..

I don't know how the trainers that write our "scripts" manage to squeeze everything into the sessions, but they do.

TBH unless some of the recurrent content goes or is reduced in frequency you're going to need more expensive sim time to allow for a meaningful amount of handling practise ( such scannexs, etc) every 6 months...

What are the chances of that?

Last edited by wiggy; 1st Jun 2016 at 06:50.