PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - St. Helena Service
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2016, 22:37
mathy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB, Sorry you will have to do better than that. That Met Report is a puff. If you correspond with "Dan" from the Met Office you will find that the report you mention is not available unless through SHG. It is effectively not for promulgation and is under embargo.

Not that it said anything of substance that we did not know already. But the clip you quote is ten seconds of spin. If you enquire among fellow Saints you will, if you are discreet, and you have to be discreet because SHG do use injunctions, there is a lot to be humble about. [Try mentioning "Snapdragon" for example].

Bit of a giveaway I know but if you are an islander it is an open secret. If you are not an islander then then the ranks close not least because most on-island workers rely on the Castle for their daily bread. You cannot annoy the Castle and of necessity Saints cave in under pressure or they face ruin.

Try researching what happened to "LF", a man of your ability can unravel that though you may have to move 702 nautical miles and read case law. What happened there in LF v. the Chief Justice does not convey the nuances, it gets "redacted". And spin enters the game. St Helena once you get to know it is all about spin, the players move on but the islanders remain. [I use the term “islander” because not all islanders are Saints].

And there again as "Mick" found out in his other case the law can be re-written in Overseas Territories. "Mick" and what happened to him can be read up about in the Wass Inquiry. Sometimes you have to read in “parallel” if you are to understand what happening in “series”.

So I am suggesting to you that you have riper avenues to explore and I dare say you have the technological expertise to understand RF propagation and meteorology and other things.

Me? I have moved on. I have to work and if I have to come to a compromise agreement with my erstwhile employer I cannot spell it out as I am sure you appreciate. It is "gagging" I suppose. But I have better things to do.

Best wishes