PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2016, 22:15
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best thing Pamann can do is to not read the Luton threads but we all know that he will because he can't keep away or stop having digs at others.

FRatSTN states he doesn't particularly like Luton. Well I will tell you something, neither do I. The place is a shocker and I say so but it is posing a real threat to its Essex neighbour and a few fan boys here don't like it.

One of the reasons for all the LTN posts is because so much is going on. If posts here are far a few between then I suspect there is very little going on or no one can be bothered to report the news and YES trivia. Trivia keeps the thread ticking along but trivia to some is news to others.

On the Luton history thread there are nearly 1500 posts and 293,000 hits. There isn't a Stansted history thread because no one is interested in starting one. So why is that then?

What will be interesting is when Luton gets a terminal to London travel time of 30 minutes, which is planned for by 2020, but even if it knocks 20 minutes off the Stansted travel time Stansted will always be the better airport for no other reason than it has the room and space that Luton lacks but it will reinforce the view of many that Stansted is further out from London than it really is.

So from 2020 Travel times to London:

Heathow 15 minutes
Gatwick 30 minutes
Luton 30 minutes
Stansted 47-53 minutes and no overnight rail service

Not looking good is it?

Last edited by LTNman; 1st Jun 2016 at 00:11.