PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Defence Force!! - You must be joking!! - Discuss....
Old 31st May 2016, 17:45
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
melmothtw:-
Rather than being the cause of a future civil war, the EU was created precisely to prevent another one after WW2.
Well quite, Melmoth, but as the blessed Tony has made us learn the hard way, history is strewn with unforeseeable consequences.

CM:-
Boris or Nigel, "Vote Leave or your grandchildren will be forced to invade Spain!"
Is that what they are saying? Well then, that just goes to prove my point! How others vote is their affair. Personally the EU has as much appeal to me as a rather dodgy banger offered by Arthur Daly. I agree that it is very unlikely to achieve the final Union that it is aiming for, but in the meantime it is wreaking havoc with the economies of the southern states, the security of all of its members, and the patience of the German tax-payer. In my view it carries the seeds of its own destruction and any discomfort in leaving now will be a small price to pay to avoid the deluge of its disintegration.

As to the OP, can anyone explain just why the EU needs an EDF? Is it in order to keep the peace in Europe, that evidently it has kept anyway since WWII and for which it received the Nobel Peace Prize? Or is it perhaps to keep the peace in the EU, an altogether separate matter.