PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2016, 08:12
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with showing a level of support for an airport you have close links with (and by that I don't mean your favorite to go jetting off on your summer hols or spending an afternoon spotting at)

I like STN as an airport and make no bones about it, I think there's a lot of potential there. I'm generally quite balanced though, I think, with respect to the wider business.

For instance, I don't particularly like LTN airport personally and again I make no bones about it. There's the odd occasion, such as with TO or VY where I think it's a bit of a shame they went for LTN as could have been a good fit for STN. That said, I welcome any new business and development our airports get as I recognize the overall economic benefits, the job creation and strengthened connectivity it brings.

The thing that's frustrating and just plain childish is the ignorance of some of the 'fanboys' on here who sit in their own little magical bubble where the industry seemingly evolves around their favorite airport and any development of any kind at any rival airport is doomed to fail.