PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - May 31st
Thread: May 31st
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2016, 00:33
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Trafalgar, you've answered my question. So, as you don't actually know that there wasn't "a hitch due to an issue unrelated to the current negotiations that was dug up solely by the leader of our union" you reveal yourself to be no different from increase.descent, putting forward hearsay and speculation as fact.

Like increase.descent, I'm leery of company tactics and misinformation campaigns, but I've been around long enough to know that we're not exactly paragons of virtue in that regard. Propaganda is alive and well on both sides of this divide and it's just as easy for you to say:

The AOA has been negotiating with integrity, honour and commitment. The company was NEVER interested in a deal.
as it is for increase.descent to say:

however, as I am stating well sourced information that doesn't point the entirety of blame on them.
It was alleged that Tony Blair "misrepresented" intelligence to secure approval for the Iraq War and look where the unintended consequences of that distortion of the "facts" has placed the world.

Honestly, until I see a signed joint statement from the company and the AOA as to the final position, I'm keeping an open mind. However, I doubt that will ever be forthcoming if either side is telling little porkie pies but it would enable the membership, once and for all, to decide how to face the future.

STP